I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! Ice cream is a classic dessert that's perfect for any occasion, from a hot summer day to a cozy night in. In this blog post, I'll be sharing a delicious ice cream recipe that you can make at home with just a few simple ingredients.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Optional mix-ins (chocolate chips, chopped nuts, fruit, etc.)
- In a medium saucepan, combine the heavy cream, whole milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved, and the mixture is hot but not boiling.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Once the mixture has cooled, pour it into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- During the last few minutes of churning, add your desired mix-ins, if using.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 4 hours, or until firm.
- Scoop and enjoy!
- Make sure your ice cream maker bowl is completely frozen before using it.
- For a creamier ice cream, use all heavy cream instead of a combination of heavy cream and milk.
- If you want to add a fun twist to this recipe, try using different extracts (such as almond or mint) or adding in a swirl of caramel or fudge sauce.
There you have it, a simple and delicious ice cream recipe that's sure to please everyone. Get creative with your mix-ins and flavors and enjoy this sweet treat any time of year!